From the 1st of August, 2017, SASA is reading the 13 letters that the Apostle Paul wrote in the New Testament. This Bible Reading Project was put together to help members grow in the word and also be established in sound Doctrine.
We are excited that people who are not members of SASA have expressed serious interest in the project and are participating with a high level of enthusiasm.
God bless you all
The Bible Reading Project started with the Book of Colossians.
Colossians is one of the letters Paul wrote from prison. This epistle was written to the church in Colossae. It deals with major themes such as: false teachers, strict rules about eating, drinking, religious festivals and the worship of angels, etc. Paul also highlights Jesus; His deity and the sovereignty of His power. The book is believed to have been written about 60 years ago
Here are some key lessons from Colossians:
- We share in God’s glory because Christ lives in us (Col 2:9)
- Pursue Christ, you’ll learn to live like him
- Follow rules to the letter, you might end up losing touch with him
- Don’t follow shadows when the substance stands right before you
- Context / Culture should be considered. Ignore traditions, focus on Christ
- The old self is dead but you must intentionally put to death sinful and earthly things
- We’re chosen for a new life, we MUST wear love and every other garment designed by God for the new man (Col 3:12-14)
We look forward to hearing from you and the many lessons you have learnt from Colossians. Do comment on this post with your questions and comments on the book of the Colossians. Alternatively, you can use the hashtag #SASAtbrp for the same purpose and we assure someone will respond to your questions as soon as possible.
Keep reading till we are done with all 13.
God bless you